Are you over 50, retired or soon going to be?
Jim Daniels recently became a “Senior”. He became a little more serious about looking into some of the things that seniors have to deal with. I have excerpted some comments from 3 or 4 of his blog posts and recommend that you check out each of them. Links are included.
“More retirees are choosing to supplement their retirement incomes with an online business rather than enduring the astronomical costs of an offline business. The cost is low and they can set their own hours and be their own boss.
Unlike a traditional offline business, the requirements of an online business are as simple as having an idea and developing a blog and website.
All you need are a computer and an Internet connection and some knowledge of both and you’re ready to go.
There are so many types of online business which utilize the skills and experiences that seniors likely have that it can be fairly easy to find a niche that will be profitable and even fun and rewarding.”
And it’s cheap! Read More https://bizweb2000.com/over50/
Will your pension be enough?
Many of us think that our pensions will be enough to carry us through, but then we find out that they have not kept up with the cost of living. When I semi-retired 10 years ago, my pensions were enough to cover the cost of my mortgage, but not much more. I still had to pay for hydro, gas, car maintenance, food, etc. I found that I had to find another source of income. Here’s what Jim had to say:
“Senior entrepreneurs often begin their online journey out of necessity. Perhaps they involuntarily lost their jobs through no fault of their own or had to retire on a savings that’s totally inadequate for today’s cost of living.
It’s easy for seniors to get into a negative mindset that prevents them from keeping up with the world, getting things done and enjoying life to the fullest. They may think they’re too tired, too old or just don’t have the skills necessary to embrace a can do mindset.
Retirement sometimes makes couch potatoes of seniors who can still make a difference, but are afraid to try. It’s true this is a fast-changing world and new skills are necessary to do almost anything – for the young or the old.
Most seniors today find it difficult to make ends meet – even after a lifetime of saving money. Pinching pennies wasn’t what they had in mind for their retirement years, yet it’s the way most seniors live.
There are plenty of senior entrepreneurs who have been enormously successful with startup businesses. At the very least, seniors can easily supplement their retirement income and live a better lifestyle than before the Internet made it possible to become successful with home-based businesses.
It’s a fact that age isn’t a factor in Internet startup businesses. If you have the passion and can make a commitment to learn and utilize all that computers and the Internet has to offer, you can profit during financially tough times.”
Have you found that you are being discriminated against because you are over 50?
“Here are six reasons why online trumps offline for seniors who want to keep earning…
- The Internet doesn’t discriminate against age as some offline employers do. You can even use a pen name for your websites and other communication if you don’t want to put your real information out there.
- You can work in any niche that appeals to you or that you may have developed skills in from another job. This can also appeal to other marketers who may use you as a freelancer to gather information about the niche.
- People are purchasing more products online than offline. It’s a convenient way to shop and your advertising will reach far more of the global population than typical paper and media advertisements that you pay a premium for.
- Social media sites can be an awesome tool to drive traffic to your website. I’m no social bee, but it works for me, just check out my Facebook experiments and Twitter experiments to see how I automate my social media. It certainly beats setting up a booth at a trade-show and hoping that buyers will stop by and make the long day a profitable one.
- It’s easier to monitor your online marketing efforts versus offline methods. And you can change your ads or methods of getting your product known immediately and without great costs involved.
- The use of email marketing to your online customers is also a better and more profitable way to market rather than flyers or other means of offline communication – and emails don’t cost more than a monthly fee in some cases.”
While you are reading those articles on bizweb, be sure to check out this one as well: Are These The 5 Easiest Ways To Make Money Online? Read More https://bizweb2000.com/5-money-methods/
I’ve been following Jim for a number of years now and he always has great information to share. I was very interested in these particular posts since I am a senior and I am working online. You can out more about Jim and his journey here: https://bizweb2000.com/contact-us/
To your online success